Monday, May 9, 2011

OK UPDATE TIME...

Thanks for your patience with me.. I heard you Seth..it was wayyy past time....

 I have so much on my plate my blogging time has really suffered. I miss it so much. I went from blogging every day to several times a week, to once in a while.. that really is just not me. I have so much in my head  running around that I want to say. What's happening isn't the easiest to hear, it's the same old thing. Losing mom was harder than on me than when I lost my dad.The whole having to deal with the estate and what to do with things and moving. I am juggling about 5 things all at once and it is certainly overwhelming.  I find time to just get away and not think about stuff and make myself enjoy some down time when I can, but it sure doesn't happen as often as I would like it to. Writing always helped me out with any problem I had..journaling has been private thoughts for awhile and that is why you haven't seen me here. I assure you I have been keeping track of things though. Laptop..you have been a lifesaver, as the old desktop is packed away..the storage has been a challenge..trying to get things not to topple as it is piled in there over my head. Trying to put your whole lifetime in a 10x10 storage has been scary. It makes you really look at things a new way and know what is the most important to you.


I had the best friend in the world come and help me pack up stuff and move things and she  was such a joy and help to me. She knew just what to say and was there when I needed support and that was so important, especially this holiday weekend. What in the world would we do without our friends? I have had such encouragement from all mine in person and here in my blog family. I appreciate that so very much, you will never know.

YES I still have been taking pictures,
 almost daily of things, don't think I will ever stop that. On my travels I captured this tree that obviously had been grafted..it was quite the site to see..two colors and types of tree in one.
Well, that's about it from here.. same old same old.. packing and re packing and moving on to what will be..whatever that is, is what GOD wants it to be. I may not be ready for it, but will be confident that it is supposed to be that way.
Until next time...Hope you all have a wonderful SPRING!!

16 comments:

Seeking Serenity said...

My experience is the contents of your life get smaller and smaller as you open that storage and find you miss less of what is in it..
What a weird thing to do to a tree! pretty flowers though!

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Pray things settle down for you soon and you can take more down time for yourself.

Sue Lehman said...

Glad you took a moment and set it all down in writing! You will be, too, when you look back on this a year from now and shake your head in amazement---that it was so hard and you made it through. You will, you know. You are one of the strongest people I know and have already made it through a multitude of problems---and come out on the positive side. It'll happen again, you'll see. I know we're all getting a little older each day, but our experiences in life are also making us richer and stronger. Hope to get out to see you in person this summer. Can't wait!

Beth said...

I worry about you Sis so I was very glad to see a post from you. I am constantly praying that things will work out for you!

xoxoxox

Unknown said...

So glad you had help with both the packing and most important the moral and emotional support. You're right, friends can make a world of difference and they usually come at exactly the time we need them the most.
Take good care!
HUGS!!!!

MissBeth said...

good to see a blog from you, hope you find the time to yourself that you need.
That tree certainly is different, strange but pretty.
Have a wonderful day.

Donna said...

Carol, i wish i was closer so i could help you. You are a strong woman and remember that you are not alone/ God is with you every step of the way. Talk to him Carol, let him sooth your heart, let him take your troubles. He will put them in a box that never need opening again.
Love you my friend
D.<3

Gerry Adams said...

Hi Carol, I am going through pretty much the same thing as you. I spent the day before Mother's day cleaning my moms clothes out of her closets. Pretty depressing. A lot of my dad's stuff is still in the house too, so that makes it even harder. There's so much stuff to get rid of that it is kind of a nightmare, as I am too busy with work and all without any of this. I'll sure be glad when it's all over. We did have a nice day yesterday as we took my wife out for Mother's day. At least some things are going OK. I hope you have a nice week!

CAROLDEE said...

@Gerry..Hugs to you as I know how hard that was..nightmare sounds like a good word.. I used CHAOS a lot..knowing it soon will be done is good. Hope you get help.. it is so hard to do by ones self. : )

CAROLDEE said...

@Donna.. would not get through any day without talking things over with GOD and all his angels including mom. Find so much strength from that. Blessings to you too! : )

Ramblingon said...

I can't even start to tell you how glad I am that you found time to blog. This is the absolute truth. When I came in to sit down and go to my blog I was thinking even ga=harder about you and wanting to know how you are making it. As with Sue, I too find you among the strongest of women and as she also said, you will come thru it all..and of that I have no doubt.

Much love

Feisty Crone said...

Thanks for the update, Carol, and hugs to you. I'm so glad you have good friends. I held on to the stuff in my 10x10 for some time, then realized it was time to let go. It take time, I'm sure you know. I'm glad you are taking time for yourself too. Hugs, and God bless.

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Wow! A woman that listens. That's it. You are sold. I am claiming you as mine. I am running to grab my club to bonk you on the head and drag you back to my cave. :)

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Your blog is what you say when there is nobody standing over your shoulder telling you what to do.... what to write... how to write it or when to write it. Blogging is to be fun, not a chore. I can totally understand that you have been pre-occupied and that banging away on your keyboard is much lower on your priority list. I shall forgive you for being absent for so long. Bwahahaa!
I just hope that when you are feeling low, you know that you can reach out to us for comfort and support thru these invisible tiny threads that connect us via the web.

CAROLDEE said...

Heard you loud and clear Seth.. my blogging family goes way back to Windows live 6 years ago. I have no idea where in heck I would be without them all.Their support and help is so treasured I cannot say enough. I have three adopted Sisters over the years and they back me up 100%. I am truly blessed with their friendship and caring ways. Thanks for reminding me that friends are a treasure!

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Wow! I love how your are challenging yourself and not staying stuck in a safe place. That's really awesome. Little by little and day by day, you will find 'your place'... your way.
By the way, I like the changes to your page. Kudos to you!