Tuesday, May 17, 2011

MAY DAY!!

The end of the month is fast approaching. I feel like the fire is under my feet to move quickly to get things done. Deadlines are good, I keep repeating to myself, trying to be convincing at the same time. I  came across this yard filled with tiny violets, it was soothing in a way, mother nature is waking up from such a long winter's sleep.
So many flowers blooming and standing tall after the snows we had just weeks ago. It amazes me. The work continues here and the new temporary place takes shape slowly. Not wanting to unpack a whole lot because the future is kinda cloudy, I can say my new kitchen is looking better and better.  
Some of the old things from the old place are there and some new things too. It's a work in progress, not sure how l will be there so sure don't want to unpack a whole lot. I still have to get used to a way smaller space again. I loved the small place I had in Ca. years ago..I don't think it will take too long. This kitchen was built probably nearly 80 years ago. My place was the servants quarters, compact and useful and not over the top. The kitchen was redone in the 40's and is very much like the kitchen that mom and dad had in their house before it was re done in the 60's. Love the light over the sink and the little shelves. The larger shelves go all the way to the ceiling. Not using those much as  it would take tall ladder to access them, but it's nice to have that storage space anyway. Time is wasting..got to get moving.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY!!                                                                    

12 comments:

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

I wouldn't unpack much either if I wasn't sure I wanted to stay. You get used to room and fear downsizing, but that can be a good thing too. You find you have way too much stuff and it's good clear it out. Take time for resting though.

Beth said...

Sis, I hope things work out for you and you can find a job. Only unpack the things you need as it will make it easier for you if you have to move on short notice.

xoxo

Feisty Crone said...

Wise move, but I like your kitchen! Thanks for the pictures of flowers; I am ready for spring.

Unknown said...

I agree with the girls. Just unpack what you need for awhile. Hang in there kiddo, you are doing great.

Ramblingon said...

Sis, you're doing superbly. You are. And to make that decision not to "nest"...very wise. I know that you'll likey move to another place once you find the right job.

xoxox

Gerry Adams said...

Hope you find a job soon and things work out well for you :-)

Sue Lehman said...

GREAT! I really love a window at the kitchen sink---I had a place in MT with NO kitchen window and it drove it nuts! I know what you mean about HIGH cabinets---so glad I have other tall people in the household (and my step-stool). Know you'll soon feel cozy in your new place and re-learn to get along without the space. I really miss lots of storage space INSIDE too. We're lucky to have lots of outdoor sheds for our stuff. Enjoy Spring!

Unknown said...

I don't know which I dislike more; living out of boxes or putting up with remodeling disarray. When Frankie and I met I was running fire and flood restoration projects for a general contractor and she went to work for me as a helper. We always worked well together but my tendency to not rest until everything was finished grated on her nerves.......and it still does, 25 years later!

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

Hello Sweetie.... I know that what I am about to say will not sound very manly, but I can appreciate the abundance of flowers that are blooming these days, popping up everywhere. I not only enjoy looking at them as I pass by but because they bring insects like butterflies into view as well. You have me dreaming of more tranquil moments.....

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

I just want to let you know that I think you are very brave! Change can be such a powerful and positive thing! I think that is so great that you recognize that and are pushing yourself to do it despite the fact that it can be really hard to make such huge changes in your life. You'll be blessed for your efforts. And hey.... you have all of us to push you and pull you through any tough times you may have.
You should be so proud for having the guts to come as far as you have. I too prefer more comfy and cozy little places, as they are easier to make a dwelling feel like a home... and house cleaning is easier too!

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

T.G.I.F. -- Here's hoping that you will make the most of this weekend. And remember, as long as you're happy and smiling, doesn't matter how crazy people think you are.
---> http://i55.tinypic.com/314cpbm.jpg

Sherry said...

That has to be a big change for you so I can understand your hesitancy to unpack. I wouldn't unpack everything either until I was sure that is where I will stay. In a way I'd love to downsize too but I hate the thought of moving away from my sisters. Besides with my daughter living here now would not be the time. Maybe someday. Good luck Sis on whatever you decide to do. HUGS!