Sunday, July 7, 2019

JULY UPDATE....


                                             


 We finally made it to June. It seemed like May would go on forever. It was cold and then hot and then frosty. Typical for Spring in Michigan. I had my laser surgery and to say it was nothing.. that would be false. I was a nervous wreck, I had nurses holding me and telling me to breathe. Somehow I thought that if I held my breath and did not shake or anything it would go faster. God bless my Dr. she talked soothingly to me and encouraged me. I have to say it did hurt some..even with the gel that numbs you, I did feel it. I went back to a waiting room and shook for at least 10
min. 
They came and checked on me, and then she had to check the pressure in each eye AGAIN..I hate that part.. I wanted to see if any problems would come up and gather what questions I might have when the next appt comes.  By the time I got home I was exhausted.. all I wanted to do was eat and take a nap. A very long 24 hours.  I had my second surgery and much better than the first. The numbers were lower. That made me happy. Now I just have check ups to see the pressure levels. 

JULY came in and with it  something called AFIB..it is also called TACHYCARDIA..
Sue Lehman came to visit me along with my other lifelong friend Anita.I had not seen Sue in at least 10 years.  We sat and talked and boy did my heart race. I did not feel well before they came and pushed myself to join them in at least a dinner out. Guess that was not a good idea. The next day I spent 5 to 6 hours in the ER with a heart that just was beating all over the place. I could not take my pulse at all. 
Talk about scary. They tested me upside down and every way possible in that 5 hours. I felt bad as my friends sat and waited with me for results. There is nothing worse than just sitting waiting in a hospital. They would not let me go home unless my heart rate was lower than 100 and with meds it did go down. So I went home
much to the disagreement of the gals. I slept well and was feeling soo much better the next day. Heart rate back to normal and just a little weak. By that time Sue left and my visit with her was over. I felt and still feel cheated. I am dealing with it and trying to move on. 
I went to the cardiologist, who promptly put something called a ZIO on me.. a two week heart monitor. I must say it was not intrusive at all and I would not have any problem doing it again. I sure hope I don't have to though. Anxious to know what the results of that are. I am still going to have other testing done to check out the heart further. The unknown is scary sometimes but I guess it is my time to now...deal with it.   
MORE LATER>>

3 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

I am SO glad to hear from you. Is your email still the same? If it is, I will send you my phone number or you can send me yours if you still have my email. I am so sorry you went through all of this. Was that cataract surgery? You can just leave me a comment on my or Katie's blog or FB messages if you like.

Heart things make you feel anxious I know. I mentioned my own ordeal and *I* got through mine..,you will through yours. The cardiologists are excellent.] at knowing their business. XXX

Katie Isabella said...

I read back. Glaucoma. MY brother went through that too. It works, the surgery. Don't worry, Sis. XO

Seeking Serenity said...

((((HUG!!)))) you are SO brave poor girl going through all that :(
I was having afib and my dr was going to put a monitor on me but I think it was low folic acid because I have been more diligent taking my prescribed 1mg folic acid and havent had it again.
how disappointing to have someone visit when you are sick and not when you are well..
Hope your airconditioning is working!
peace and strength for you <3