Sunday, December 17, 2017

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...





As the years roll by.. the holiday takes on a new meaning to me. I am not a HUM BUG person, I just am not as JOLLY as I used to be. This year I am not baking my cookies and making fudge. So many cannot have the goodies any more or are making their own. I found that people could not have the treats and just did not want to tell me. Sooo I decided this year I would just stop doing it.  Sad I know, but better than wasting all the money and time and work doing all the baking etc. 

LIFE sure changed after leaving the old house and neighborhood and so I learned, I guess, to just adjust to another kind of lifestyle. In our apartment building we all exchange cards and that is about it. When I first moved here there was a Christmas party thrown on the second Saturday of December. The whole 24 apts were invited.
That stopped in 2015, people moved away who did the planning and paid for most of it. Even a potluck sort of thing was passed up. We don't have a community room for such a gathering here anyway, it is up to individuals to plan to use their own apts.




So life goes on, another holiday is almost past. I like shopping for bargains, but this year will wait til AFTER the holiday for the best deals. My best present to myself was
MY PILLOW... I got a great deal and got two and they are wonderful. I am hoping they help me sleep better. Well, hope wherever you are, you and yours have a wonderful 
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


5 comments:

JennyD said...

CarolDee, I have MISSED you! I am only just now finding (finally) a way to get back to my blog. Toodie hasn't been able to sign on to hers, either, but I've left notes on my page and hers on what she can try that worked for me tonight.
I'm not on FB anymore. Honestly, I just didn't care about the cartoons, inspirational saying, etc. I wanted to know what everyone was up to, what they thought, how they felt -- like out old blogging days. But now I see that it wasn't just me that stopped blogging for so long, but most everyone. Breaks my heart, and so you can imagine how excited I got when I saw you'd left a note on Toodie's page and I jumped over here as fast as I could.
I will be back in a day or 2 to try and catch up with the reading, and I want to know in detail everything you think about My Pillow. You know we share the same problems, haha.

In the meantime, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you! Wish you were nextdoor 'cause we'd have some great fun. Cya soon, sweets!
XOXOXO

Terry said...

I know what you mean, my husband and I shouldn't be eating cookies and fudge either. And a lot of our friends can't either, and the kids aren't around anymore so why bother with it. I bought a box of Christmas cookies and that was enough for us. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Cindy said...

I'm having trouble remembering many things about Blogger and will try to leave comments, but that's no promise!

JennyD said...

Ahhh, Cindy, but the good part is you're back! It might take time, but we'll all get rollin' again :D And listen, I can't even figure out how to chg a header or anything else now. Lol, it is what it is.

And Caroldee! You found my page! I'm so darn happy and just wish we could round up everyone that used to blog in our circles and plop them all down for eggnog, coffee, cookies, great stories, and a ton of good times.

A Merry, Merry Christmas to you, Caroldee! You are so dear! XOXOXO

Cindy said...

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for visiting my blog again. I kind of enjoy sharing the ho hum parts of my life with anyone interested in reading about it. Hope you have a wonderful day Carol!