Monday, May 13, 2013

BARN CHARM TUESDAY

My surprise was.. some of the windows are not real..they are painted on.I loved the little stone building, I think they used to be called well houses a long time ago. Where the  water pump was located.
Below photo shows how large this whole barn was. Very well painted and cared for. Just amazed me at the artistry of painted on windows. The real windows are the smaller ones The large ones had painted on slats going across. The door below is real.. NONE of the windows are. The silo was all white. 


Could not resist this photo,poor barn roof probably collapsed from weight of snow or some such thing. Everything was still in the barn all covered in snow. The outside looked in rather good shape.

Check out more Barn Charm Tuesday here.





12 comments:

Beth said...

Great shots Sis!! xoxo

Sonya @ Under the Desert Sky said...

I love the red against the dreary day and the white silo.

That's too bad that the barn in the last photo collapsed.

Mari said...

I love that little well house too, and I can't believe those windows are painted on!

Rose said...

That is one fine barn, for sure. And like you, I love the little stone building.

Elaine said...

Too funny that they added fake windows! Nice looking barn though. The one with the caved-in roof looks like it was a beauty in its day.

Tanya Breese said...

ha, that's unusual, painted on windows!

Cranberry Morning said...

No kidding...painted on windows! Love the artistic touch.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, what a spiffy barn. very nice. unlike most i see around here ... wonder how long that will stay so purdy???! ( :

Joe said...

I still look at the snow with a measure of dread though I think we're done with it for the season. I think I'll focus on the interesting barn in these pictures!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

So sad to see the collapsed barn! We had such a heavy snow here that it collapsed the roof on one of our downtown buildings.

Saun said...

That's funny they painted the windows on the barn. Great shots!

Sally in WA said...

I think it so cool they painted windows on that barn!