Monday, November 28, 2011

WINTER UPDATE

Updating here as winter rears it's head a little bit and says hello..I'm back..
Just a dusting, less than an inch and melted right away as the sun came out. I love that. Kinda like a preview of coming attractions. I have been through some rough Thanksgiving holidays before where we could not even get out of our driveway so this was just nothing but pretty. I am trying to keep up in the blogosphere with both of my blogs. Had some trouble with the wordpress one posting to Facebook. They finally sent me a message telling me it was a Facebook problem not a Wordpress one. I seem to like Blogger a whole lot more now that it has not had the difficulty that Wordpress has. I am not cancelling it though as there is over 5 years worth of entries there.

I have been really busy here trying to get things in some kind of order so I can put my hands on things when I need it. Since the many moves I have made in the last 6 months things are just so hard to track down. I  think a full inventory is called for, just haven't gotten around to it. I'm no Martha Stewart who labels things and has a place for everything, but sometimes I wish I did. Did turn up some items I thought were totally lost though and that gave me some joy over the Thanksgiving break. These were mom's she bought them in a dollar store awhile back.. I liked them and put them in storage, I thought.  Guess not.. they ended up on my table for myThanksgiving dinner. 
Guess I better keep track of them from now on! ;-) 

Hope you all have a great week!! 

7 comments:

Gerry Adams said...

Hi Carol, no snow here is Seattle yet, just lots of rain. As far as Blogging goes, I find Blogger to be more user friendly, and they are continuing to add improvements to it. The follower's feature is going to be improved as Google has announced they are shutting down "Friend Connect", so it will be made to only function on Blogger. I hope you have a nice week!

Beth said...

Hi Sis! I hope you are able to get settled permanently soon!!

The decorations of your mom's are very pretty.

xoxoxo

Ramblingon said...

Hi Sis..we are expecting a bit of a dusting too tomorrow. But then, after 3 days of rain, that's OK. :-)

As long as it's a dusting that is. We ate at my ex husband's house on Thanksgiving. THAT was a first. xoxoxox

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

The pilgrims are adorable. Amazing how something so simple can give us a smile and special memory.
No snow here though a couple flakes tried and died. As far as I am concerned it can wait till Christmas, lol.

Kerry said...

Hey Carol, No snow here yet although they are saying Rain but that temp has dropped in the last hour or son. So we will see I guess.
Love the decorations.
I don't like Wordpress..at all. So staying with Blogger.:) I left Club Sammich Cafe© up because I loved writing there so much.Plus the comments got me through some hard times...of you and others!!
Miss that!

xxx♥

Seeking Serenity said...

I think of you alot, in a strange land and weather...
SO happy you found the figurines,little things like that bring joy.
((hugs))

Admiral Hestorb said...

Hi Sis...xoxoxo