Tuesday, July 5, 2011

WHAT IS IT???

I certainly have learned a few things from all my years of blogging. If I cannot find the answer on google because I really have no idea what to look up..then I can ask the family of bloggers I know to help me out. Recently on one of my walks I found this huge tree with huge leaves. I thought it was a castor bean tree, but when I googled it the pictures just did not match. So I am kind of stumped. I really think this tree is amazing. I can see it from my apt window and when a storm comes it stands its ground wonderfully.    The leaves are huge, the size of my hand. Some fall off but they remain green when they do.
It appears to have some kind of pods or something on the branches too.  So if anyone out there knows what it is..let me know..the suspense i killing me. I don't see that kind of tree very often around these parts. Most of our trees are elm,oak,maple,chestnut or birch. Will be interested in what you have to say about it.

My feeble attempt to take pictures over the holiday with a camera WITH a setting for fireworks ( yes it does), went horribly wrong.. I think I just could not hold the camera still enough. All the excitement you know.. Oh well at least it was colorful. Hope your holiday was a good one at least the week will be a lot shorter! 
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!  

9 comments:

Beth said...

It is a bean tree, although not like the one I had at home. I have seen many of them. In the spring they have blossoms on them. They are tremendously messy but I think in the spring they are beautiful to look at.

Take care SIS!

xoxo

Cindy said...

It could be a catalpa tree. They have big leaves and pods like in your picture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalpa

MissDazey said...

Looks like catalpa to me too.

CAROLDEE said...

YEP..looked it up..that's right Dazey and Cindy.. Thanks.. I haven't seen the blossoms on it..maybe next year if I am around then. The leaves are huge though.
THANKS!!

Unknown said...

I have no idea but you already know I'm horticulturally challenged. I think the fireworks came out better than the ones I shot. Took off out the door in a big hurry to meet Laura before they started and left the camera bag......with the lenses...... and the tripod ....at home. I did manage some mediocre video with my cell phone:-)

Feisty Crone said...

Sorry I can be of no help to you; but it's really pretty!

Joe said...

I'm not nearly the tree expert my grandparents were or I'd gladly help you identify that tree...sorry about that. My firework pictures were an epic failure so I quit while I was ahead this year. Perhaps next year I'll get some video instead.

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

♫ *´”)
,¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ♫ ♪
(¸.•´ (¸.• ♫ ♪ Oh my, what big leaves it has indeed. Unfortunately, I have no idea what kind of tree you may have there. I just know that with the size of those leaves and knowing how many leaves can fall from just one tree in late fall, I know that I wouldn't want to hav eto be the one to gather them all up! Yikes.
I think that those are splendid photos of the fireworks. You have captured the colors and all their glory. Well done!

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

♫ *´”)
,¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ♫ ♪
(¸.•´ (¸.• ♫ ♪ Here's hoping that you are having a relaxing Sunday evening with your feet up... nice chilled drink in hand and just enjoying what ever it is that makes you happy! Cheers to you!