Friday, July 1, 2011

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY

It's a bittersweet holiday here,we had hoped that Mom would be with us to await the birth of her third great grandchild. My niece is due any time now with her first child, so we are playing the waiting game. Mom was just so adamant that my niece would have twins, a boy and a girl. She may have been talking out of her head, but she said it in such a way, that we just believed her. She even made us promise not to tell her because it was a big secret. Well after 6 sonograms, it is definitely NOT twins! Only one baby in there and I will leave the gender as a surprise later on. I know my niece is more than ready for this to be over. Summertime is  hard time, but I think winter is worse. Traveling in the snow is not my favorite thing at all. We will be traveling when the time comes. I just hope it is not in the middle of the night.

No real plans for the holiday here. The town has a fireworks celebration that is awesome to view from inside your vehicle. Near and over looking the local river, one has to be really ready to fight off those large mosquitos that could practically take you away. Think I will view from afar. We might have rain but we certainly will have heat..90's and more. It truly is summertime now!
Well...I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE AND



9 comments:

Beth said...

Have a happy holiday Sis. I have no plans either. I will watch the fireworks on tv. no mosquitoes there. lol

xoxo

Unknown said...

We're in for some heat as well but as long as the humidity doesn't get too bad I should be able to get out and enjoy the fireworks, this year from Laura's porch. Her apartment is in a mid 19th century house 2 blocks from the courthouse and perfectly located for the show!

Feisty Crone said...

Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off for a picnic and fireworks with the grand kids on the 4th. Hugs to you all.

Ramblingon said...

hi Sissy...it's me. xox

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Well, congratulations are certainly in order for your niece and her family, you and all your family and close friends for that matter. Twins would have been nice, but one is more than ample. I guess that I am saying that from a father's point of view. :) Good luck to her... I too would not want to know the sex until the screaming bundle of terror arrived.

Have a great July 4th Sweetheart! It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you. Let our Freedom never perish!

Seth@ChaosHQ's said...

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ We all have our own reasons to celebrate... so let's do just that, and celebrate all we have because of where we live, in either of the two greatest countries there are!

If you celebrate the Fourth of July - Happy Independence Day. If you celebrate July 1st - Happy CANADA Day!
http://i52.tinypic.com/2nbg1at.jpg
The love of one's country is a splendid thing.

Joe said...

Have an absolutely fantastic 4th my friend! We aren't doing much either...suits me just fine!

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

A Happy 4th to you Carol. My niece just had twins and though they are small and have to stay a little longer they are doing good and gaining weight. We hope they will be home soon.

Sue Lehman said...

Sorry your Mom won't be there for this upcoming birth, but she will still know. The fourth is always bittersweet for me too---my Dad's birthday was the 3rd. Hope you can go out and see the fireworks. There will be some displays around here, but we'll be here at home, comforting the dog during this time of excitement and noise. Enjoy the 4th and stay cool!