Thursday, March 17, 2011

LIFE IN JAPAN AFTERWARDS..

 I came across this link and address at Facebook from a person who is really in Japan reporting in English from there. The videos and reporting tell the real story there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MR7u8xSr-8
It is so hard to watch from afar and wonder what will happen next and what, if anything, one can do to help. They need everything, much like those people who survived after Katrina happened here in America. Most people are sending the Red Cross
their donations. It's a start, but they will need much more. So much of the gulf states area is still standing exactly like it was 10 years after that horrible hurricane, you have to wonder will Japan ever recover from this all? Time will tell, the Japanese are a strong and honorable people, if anyone can do the work to recover they can. May God Bless Them
and keep them all safe from harm in the coming days and months.     

11 comments:

Ramblingon said...

It is truly one of the most horrendous disasters ever as far as natural phenomenon is concerned and then, the nuclear disaster too. I really ache for them.

Unknown said...

I wish all the people there would please get out and somewhere safe far away.

Beth said...

It is truly a heartbreaking situation. I am praying for them all.

Gerry Adams said...

That's an amazing video. I feel sorry for all the people who lost their homes. The nuclear mess just makes it even worse. It makes me wonder how safe any of the nuclear power plants in other countries really are.

Unknown said...

"And So It Goes On..." has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/03/sites-to-see_18.html

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

It's so hard to watch and see all the pain they are going through, and yet you can't stay away. I pray for all the best for them.

Sherry said...

Yes I found that page too and it's heartbreaking to say the least. How and where do you begin. The task of rebuilding is so overwhelming and the grief is overpowering that I can't imagine how they go on,,,but they do. God bless them!

Joe said...

We've been talking daily to my mother in law in Tokyo trying to secure a way for her to go back home to the Philippines. I've been there twice...my wife more than that...she was there for many months...hard to believe it's the same place. We have some we know and love there that we've not heard from since this whole thing started. I believe they'll rise out of the ashes...they are an amazing people.

Big Dave T said...

I saw that page too and wondered if the videographer was worried for his own safety. They're collecting cases of water where I work. Then I heard a news report that the elderly there are dying for lack of the basics. It's so, so sad.

Betty Halverson said...

Hi Carol, So glad you found me. My eblogger addy is buzzbetty16.blogspot.com. I'm still trying to use both.
I'm so sorry to have learned your Mom passed. How are you doing?

Betty

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting. My thoughts and prayers are with Japan. This is a human and natural disaster of unbelievable proportions. Compassion, Love, and Peace to Japan.

Ah ha, I knew that I would find you here on Blogspot.