Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WINTERS FURY

Wow a blizzard!  We got one and it lasted all night long. Sometimes the snow was  coming sideways and sometimes one to two inches an hour. When all was said and done..about 10 inches or more. The drifts were more like 14 inches in my driveway.
It wasn't a silent night that is for sure. Usually when we get a snow storm everything is pretty quiet except for the snow plows. This storm was noisy.. wind blowing and knocking around everything not nailed down. That is the view last night out my front door. Scary looking and not any vehicles on the road either.
After the snowplow guy came and moved all my snow out of my driveway you could hardly see the neighbors who walked by next door. They are standing up behind that pile.
The porch wasn't too bad itself but my steps were completely snowed in. Took me quite awhile to dig them out. Snowblowers are working overtime this afternoon now that the sun is shining. The groundhog did NOT see his shadow.. SPRING cannot come fast enough for me.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I'm ready for spring too Sis. Can't come fast enough for me.

xoxo

Unknown said...

Love your porch....be safe my friend.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

I think everyone is so tired of this. We will all welcome Spring that's for sure.

Unknown said...

That overfed rodent better be telling the truth or I'm making a trip up to Pennsylvania. Glad you came through the storm in good shape!

Ramblingon said...

Thought about you guys and Twin too. We escaped. THIS time. Glad all is well for now, Sis.
xox

Joe said...

That storm is beyond words...glad you had pictures to show for it!

Ramblingon said...

Sis,are you alright?