Sunday, February 13, 2011

RESTING

MOM is finally at rest. She struggled so in her last days that we are so glad she no longer has to endure. My brother died twenty years ago this April and my mother spoke about being reunited with him and my father. I know she is happy where she is but her presence has left a large space in my heart. I had left the center for only a few minutes when my Sis called me back and I raced as fast as I could to get there. When I
ran into the room they told me she had just passed away a moment before. We sat with her for a good long time.

                                  
Upon hearing that mom had passed away, staff came from all over the center where mom was. The room was filled with people coming and going and praying with us. We truly had no idea what kind of affect she had on the staff there. Some staff called employees who were at home and broke the news to them. There were many tears and many hugs and many stories passed in the hours we sat and talked while arrangements were made. We truly did have mom in the right place for her passing. The next days will be stressful but we know mom is in a better place now and resting with loved ones and very happy. That is truly a comfort to us.

Please KNOW I really appreciate the thoughts and prayers from all of you at this time. It what helps me get through my days. My cyber family is THE BEST!!!
  

18 comments:

Beth said...

Dear Carol,
My heart is hurting for you as I am reading this. I have prayed for the last few days that your mom could be at peace and she finally is. I have also prayed for you and for all of your family to be strong and I know that you have been, I am sending you love and hugs. May God Bless you all and keep you in His care.

Feisty Crone said...

Prayers to you all, dear Carol.

Joe said...

Words can never match the comfort of knowing where you mom is now my friend. I'm so thankful for all you did for her. God's strength, peace and grace be upon you.

Ramblingon said...

My dear Carol,
My deepest sympathy and my love to all of you. As Joe said, the comfort of knowing where she is and that she is not suffering any longer is there. God bless you all and I will be with you in spirit, dear family.

JennyD said...

Carol, I came over from Beth's and from Carole's pages. You don't even know me, but I am so sorry for your loss. I know that feeling you have; that double edged feeling of being glad they are not in pain but missing them so much you can hardly breathe. My own mother passed away a year ago and it still feels like yesterday. So I am keeping you and your family in my prayers tonight and sending you warm blessings of peace.

Sherry said...

Carol, what can I saw other then I am so sorry. Everyone already said it best so just know that we are and will be standing right there with you in spirit as you go through these next days and weeks ahead. Love you!

Anonymous said...

☆☆ Big hugs to you Carol. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. You have my very deepest sympathy. Your mother was such a lovely person and so active and vibrant... as much as she could be. I want you to know that I share in your grief. I hope that the outpouring of sympathy you are receiving is some consolation at this very sad time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ☆☆

Seeking Serenity said...

I started the day with the news and thought of you all day- then come here at the end of my day to think of you again...
Peace to you my space sister...
((big tight hug)))
Jade

Kerry said...

Stopping back to let you know your in our thoughts and prayer. Big hugs coming your way.

Gerry Adams said...

Hi Carol, I am very sorry for the loss of your mom. I know how you feel as I just lost my mom in December, and am now having to deal with her estate, as I am the executor. This has not been an easy time for me and I'll be glad when all the legal stuff is over. It just adds to the stress of losing some one. But you're right, she is at home in a better place now, where she will never suffer again.

Unknown said...

Oh Carol I am so sorry for your loss. I admire you for the excellent care you gave your Mom. I'm sending love and hugs to you my friend.

Sue Mac said...

Im so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum, Please know im thinking of you
Sue

Anonymous said...

Carol, I learned of your loss from our mutual friend, Toodie...

I am so sorry for your mom's death; it is good that you have so many good souls surrounding you at this time.

May you find comfort is good memories and the embrace of family and friends.

*hugs*

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Love and hugs to you Carol. I give you my sympathies.

ShanaM said...

Sorry for your loss

Haphazardkat said...

I'm so sorry.

Fizz said...

My Dear friend... I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your mother was a wonderful, wonderful woman who will not easily be forgotten.

I'm sending you much love...

If you need anything, let me know. Hugs and love your way!

Lisa said...

My deepest sympathy to you .
Peace and many Blessings is my Prayer for you tonight.
God Bless you.