Sunday, September 26, 2010

WHAT IS TO BECOME...

I decided that not many visit here so I will not worry about what I post here. The future is very uncertain for us here and I am not sure how much time I will be able to spend
on line or keep up with things. More important things are ahead of us. Winter is coming faster than we want it to. I dread it. I do not have the energy to keep this old house up anymore. I want to move to another place closer to mom's treatment center but convincing her to leave is proving impossible. In her present state of mind she
only wants to stay in her house for the rest of her life.  Last winter she was taken to treatment in a nice van because she was in the rehab center. This year, being at home, it won't be as easy. It will be very hard on us both. I just don't think she realizes it. I have tried having other people talk to her about what we need to do, but it hasn't worked so far. so it will be a long autumn season. In a perfect world we could stay home and live here and she would happy, but with our monetary status we just cannot do that. When things begin to happen..it will be like a light snowfall becoming a raging blizzard.  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!!! I found your Blogger. I'm working on mine and have found around 20 friends so far. Mine should be up and running tomorrow.

I hope you have a good winter and all goes well with your mom. You and I have been such good friends for so long and I hope you know that if you ever need a shoulder, I'm here for you.

I'm sure that you will begin getting many more comments here soon.

Take good care,
Bob

Gerry Adams said...

Hi Carol, Your blog does not show updates on my dashboard reader. I wonder if you have your blog feed setting enabled on the "Site Feed" page. If not, that may be why. I hope you have a good day tomorrow :)

Cindy said...

I think Gerry may be right. This doesn't show up on my dashboard or RSS. Maybe that's why you haven't had many visitors. We don't know you're updating!

Cindy said...

ANother thought...to get this to appear on FB's Networked Blogs, just follow the instructions about placing the badge on your page. That's all I needed to do to get mine to show up in the list of NetworkedBlogs.

CAROLDEE said...

I tried the badge thing and it didn't work for me.. not sure what I will get to do here anyway. Thanks for the advice. : )

Ramblingon said...

Sis, I have never seen you in my dashboard so I never knew you blogged.

Horrible as it will be you may have to take that decision into your own hands regarding where to live. Easy for ME to say, I fully know. But you can't be unsafe trying to get to treatment that MUST be gotten to. I send love and hugs because I imagine this has to be the highest mountain to climb,
just about.

Feisty Crone said...

All of a sudden I have 24 of your posts in my Google Reader! I thought you weren't blogging here. About your mom, wish I had some answers, my friend. You know I went through it with my mom, and you just have to take things a day at a time. Wish I had some words of wisdom. Just know you are loved by many of us, and do what you can. Hugs.

Rusty's Tearoom said...

Hi Carol Dee: I found you on Ramblings Blogger and am following you, I hope you don't mind. Take care sweety and I will be back to follow you again and get caught up. take care and God bless you and Mom....Rusty ((HUGS))

Cindy said...

I don't know what you did, but just like Gran said...all of a sudden there were the last 24 of your blogs on my reader.

Sorry about this whole situation with winter, mom, your lack of energy and resources. I wish I had the answers for you, but sadly I have nothing to offer, except my continued support.

Gerry Adams said...

I just got a bunch of your posts too. The feed is working now :)

Seeking Serenity said...

boy do I know how you are feeling :(
my blog 'confessions of a caretaker' is full of this...

Ramblingon said...

I'm back in case you added anything.
xo

Beth said...

I am just now seeing this post. I hope things can be worked out for you. You have my prayers and admiration for all that you do.
Hugs,
Beth