Wednesday, August 19, 2020

AUGUST UPDATE 2020

 

                               

 YEP things have changed here at Blogger. They have made it more difficult to do a blog. Sad to say there will be a lot of people who will just stop blogging. I am down to once a month so I will stick it out I guess. Time will tell. I sure wonder who makes these decisions to change things that work. 😒 

NOTHING much going on here.. I am staying home a lot more than I used to. No need to risk getting the virus. I know flu season will be worse. When I do go out I get as many supplies I can. At least I know I am prepared as much as I can. August here has been HOT the AC has had very few days off. Sure different from years past. It's been a real challenge to go out in the heat and humidity with a mask on for sure. Mandated by the governor here in Michigan to wear one in the stores etc. I have had a lot of trouble breathing. Just glad I do not live in the southern states. No way I could handle it. 

Relatives are okay so far. Fires in California are making them evacuees. Horrible worries that there will be no home to come back to. I am so grateful that I moved from that state YEARS ago. Saw that people are moving from the state more and more now too. People in big cities do not want to be where there is a lot of rioting and looting etc. Seems the whole country is in upheaval. 

ELECTION time is growing near and so much political arguing going on. I stopped watching a lot. It was giving me such anxiety. I have never had in my old life such a mess going on in the country. 😖😕 Find myself watching old shows that I saw when I was a kid. Much better than what is on now days. Brings back good memories too. Biggest decisions here now are whether to send grade school kids back to classes. I know that older kids can handle things but seeing reports that even high schools that opened were not safe no matter what they did. A neighbor said not letting their grandkids who are kindergarten and preschool age go. It is just not worth them getting sick over. Colleges here opened..students moved in and a week later.. sent home. So if not safe for grown kids.. why risk it for grade school kids?? Parents have big decisions to make. Kids are not learning what they would be in school for sure. They are not sticking to scheduled lessons and lose interest fast. No clue if they will be passed on to the next grade.. have a feeling they will have to take the school year over again. What a big mess it is. 

SO where ever you are.. hope you are staying well and safe. 

                                 





2 comments:

Lainey said...

It’s certainly been a challenging year and one that will go down in the history books. Sadly, not in a positive way. Glad you are staying healthy, keep the faith things will get better in 2021.

Katie Isabella said...

Sis, times are very very bad in every way right now. And by the way, as you may know, as a heart patient, wearing the mask is horrible for me. And I have to have it on 6-8 hrs inside a warm bldg. once a week when I'm in there with my son during his time of chemos.