Thursday, February 7, 2019

ARCTIC BLAST!!






WE survived it.. days and days of arctic weather with wind chills of -30 plus. Hard to believe it was colder here than in Alaska. I stayed inside all the time, very few left around here except those who had to work. EVERYTHING was closed..it seemed as if it was
declared a holiday with all businesses and schools closed for days. I went to the store before it blew in and got many supplies to get ready. 


I placed all the insulation I could around my windows. Our boiler worked overtime and sure could not keep us warm. I found I was not the only one in my building wearing many layers of clothes, and using the stove to keep us warm. Maintenance told us to do the best we could. The rooms were pretty chilly at night. Most of us slept in our clothes. Thirty degrees felt really good when it finally came days later. I don't remember ever being around those kinds of conditions before. Hope I never do again. I will know what to do if it does happen though. 

Well February is at least a lot warmer so far, seems like our winter is crawling along. I have to look on the bright side though..we are gaining daylight 17 minutes a week now. and in 40 some days it will be officially spring. I for one welcome it. 





4 comments:

dellgirl said...

Oooooo, sooo COLD! I hear ya". We've had lots of freezing days and nights here too, felt like an ARCTIC BLAST - PLUS!!

I love that spring photo, it's so inviting. I'm really looking forward to spring...forget not trying to live in the future! LOLL

Happy Valentine's Day to ya' ! I hope you're having a great day so far.

dellgirl said...

Just saying hi, stopping in to see what's new with you and to show my face.

I hope you had a nice weekend, wishing you a wonderful week.

JennyD said...

WOW, what a time you had! Have to say, the graphic is so darn pretty, but I tell you, that kind of cold you went through is not for anyone. Makes me wonder what on earth the animals did. Honestly, I have a hard time wondering how anyone cannot think climate change is a real thing. Boggles the mind.
Here's hoping that by now, April, things have gotten MUCH better for you, CarolDee, and by the way, I'm with you on the greatness of living in quiet. Easy to visit the loud and busy places, but to go home to blessed peace is priceless.
XOXOXO

Katie Isabella said...

I hope that it is all over for the rest of the year! How horrible. We had a bad time but nothing compared to yours.