Thursday, December 17, 2015

~~~MERRY CHRISTMAS~~

It's coming soon. SOON.. Hope you all have your plans set and shopping done. I have been baking with my 4 year old "helper". He had a really fun time and yes the more icing the better. He was really good about NOT eating the cookies after he iced them. I told him that the ELF on the shelf would report back to Santa that he was doing a great job. This is his first Christmas with the ELF and it seems he likes looking for him and being GOOD. Bless the person who thought this idea up it really helps. I had to reflect back when his mother was his age and decorated cookies at this same table. It was a tradition to visit Grandma's house and decorate cookies with her cousin every Christmas.       
Seeing a third generation following along made my heart happy. I know his Grandma in heaven was watching and smiling. In the years to come he will find that making them and giving them away will bring him a great feeling of joy. 

I hope this Christmas, that whatever gives you the greatest JOY and blessings find you and your family. 
 

 

4 comments:

Joe said...

Merry Christmas Carol Dee!

Terry said...

Merry Christmas. Glad you are having a good time making cookies.

Seeking Serenity said...

Aww, how delightful for you to have a visitor
Merry Christmas!

Big Dave T said...

I hope your Christmas was as heart-warming as your post (and the artwork too--loved it). My grandsons have an "elf on the shelf" but from what I hear, my grandson has protested loudly and angrily whenever his parents have to have a one-on-one with the elf to go over misdeeds and attitude.