Thursday, November 26, 2015

GRATEFUL THANKSGIVING

SITTING in my nice apartment I am so grateful this year that the ground is green and we have no ice or snow to deal with. We had 9 inches earlier in the week and it was 14 degrees one morning. This morning it is 55 and it is all melted. We had our preview of winter. I decided to put up my tree this week and enjoy looking at it. Gets me in the holiday spirit.                                        



Yesterday I prepared several dishes to carry to my Niece's home for dinner today. I am so grateful they moved to my town and we can visit and see each other more. I am so used to preparing dishes to pass for so many years that THIS year I can actually share them instead of eating them alone. She has a 4 year old and that is always fun being around kids for the holidays. Traditions come and go and since Mom passed in 2011 life has been all over the place for me. I am grateful this year we are all together and celebrating the holidays together again. I hope whatever you do and wherever you are this holiday you stay safe and enjoy the blessings of the holiday with family and friends. 

 

3 comments:

Terry said...

Hi Carol, Glad you had family with you this year. Enjoy the holidays.

Seeking Serenity said...

oh this is nice, I hope you had a nice relaxing time.
I am thinking of putting up my tiny tree this year...somewhere.
I think I will be "all over the place" for years to come, I cannot believe
it was 2011! Man it doesnt seem that long ago.
thank you for visiting my blog ((hug))

Ramblingon said...

Oh what a great thing when family comes to visit. I love that time too and we ate like HOGS! Weather still decent here. xxoo