Monday, April 1, 2013

BARN CHARM TUESDAY

I liked this barn because it seemed to have a basement of some kind under it. A stone foundation and a STAR you can just barely see through the tree. It was huge. Very well kept barn and area. It did not look really old.

I loved the fence and the barn. I loved the colors and the red roof. Most roofs are metal or darker or sometimes white..this one was red. The contrast with the white covering of snow just said something to me. It was a cloudy gray cold day. Both photos were taken in southeastern Michigan.

More  Barn Charm Barns can be seen HERE


12 comments:

Connie said...

I love visiting your blog and seeing photos that remind me of my childhood. I was born in South Bend, IN so Northern Indiana and Southern Michigan was our stomping ground. Love the big barns.
My hubby and I are celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary this week and we are having a $25 give-a-way, please come over and get your name in the drawing :)
No we didn't marry on April fools day, we waited one day, so's not to be joked at for the rest of our lives :)
Have a marvelous week,
Your blogging sister, Connie

Mari said...

I really like that top barn too. The stone foundation is cool.

Beth said...

Great barn shots Sis!!

xoxox

Rose said...

very nice foundation for that first...I love stone.

Big Dave T said...

I remember when they used to paint the sides of barns with some commercial message, often tobacco related if I recall. I think you still see that if you're traveling cross-country.

Joe said...

Strangely I don't see many red barns here. I don't know if they finally have decided it's just too much trouble with our harsh weather or what. There's a charm to those red barns that can't be beaten! I'm glad I've got your pictures tot look at!

Nell at njschout said...

Red barns are so appealing, and very cheerful on a gloomy day.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love red barns! Very nice!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

awesome clouds. looks like a great place. ( :

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great red barns with the white snow and the gray cloudy skies.

Anonymous said...

Huge barn, indeed! Love it

thank you for joining =)

Carole said...

I love barns with stone foundations, though in my area they are not the norm. I think I've seen maybe one or two at most. Great barn! Thanks for sharing.

Noteworthy Musings - Barn Charm 129