Thursday, February 28, 2013

WATERY WEDNESDAY

Wednesday is a Watery day and so I am posting my entry for this week. I took this last year at Lake Mi. This is the Badger that makes a round trip run from Ludington to Wisconsin once a day during the summers. The sun was shining on the side of it and you can just barely see the people standing on the upper deck as it comes into port. 
Locals use this boat to get back and forth to work and tourists use it for day trips to Wisconsin.  You can see that underneath holds LARGE semi's as well as regular cars .
It was fun watching it come in and it blows it's horn on departing and arriving so the whole town knows when it comes in. 

To enter a photo for Watery Wednesday CLICK HERE.
                                

7 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

I'd love to ride a ferry....only ridden on once in New Orleans when I was 10.

Beth said...

I have always wanted to ride a ferry too. Great pictures Sis! xoxo

Sherry said...

The year Bill and I drove to Niagara Falls we drove through Ontario and Michigan on our way home and took the USS. Badger across the lake home. It takes 4 hours to cross from Michigan to Wi. The ship is bigger then I thought it would be. They serve food and drinks on the trip and even have entertainment. They also have a museum on board all about the Badger. I loved it and would love to take the trip again!.

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Looks like it would be fun.

Joe said...

We don't have that here...the lake we live near isn't nearly big enough for such things...imagine a daily commute involving that!

Anonymous said...

My dad used to be an agent for Atlas Van Lines & those ferry fees are expensive, esp when they're full of household furniture! =0
The ship is huge, because it makes the trucks look pretty small!

Thank you very much for joining - Sorry it took so long to visit this week

Big Dave T said...

I've heard the Badger is in trouble for the old-style pollution it creates. Seems like I just read something about that recently.

It's been a long time since I was on the Badger. I think I rode across Lake Michigan with my parents when I was a kid. Then must have been 50 years ago or so.