Sunday, January 20, 2013

WINTER?? 2013


People around these parts ask..winter?..where?? We have had just a little snow and only a few days of harsh cold weather. The ground is green much like last winter with a little ice to scrape. The winds came in last night though and with it a howl and a blast of arctic cold and maybe some snow. It all depends on where you live I guess. Bad for us because the ground needs to freeze up to kill all those bugs that come out in the summertime. Well I know it is winter,because they are playing HOCKEY on tv again and the Superbowl is right around the corner. January here was, for all the records, nice!! I predict the groundhog will see his shadow though and we will have 3 months of cool weather. Our spring will show up in late June. That suits me fine. 
In other news..Is it me or have the playoffs for the championships been really good this year? I am not an avidfootball fan but I watched one on the edge of my seat, as it went back and forth. I think the teams are evenly matched this year. I used to be a real 49er fan but that was back when the name Joe Montana was famous. I am holding off on picking a real favorite yet. I see that PEPSI will be sponsor at the half time show with Beyoncee and I have to say I bet it will be spectacular. 
                                           
American Idol is back for it's 12th season. I gotta say I kinda like last years judges better. The new ones are so vibrant they sort of out shine the contestants. Not naming names but one is really over the top. There is some real talent out there from what I have seen. Could make a really good season this year. Got to admit I didn't watch much of it last year at all. LIFE got in the way.      
                                           
I am looking forward to Nascar's DAYTONA in February..have to wait almost the whole month but it will be worth it. It always is. I don't watch a whole lot of sports but the fast cars are right up my alley. I do have a favorite there and that is Stewart-Hass racing. I am a big Tony Stewart fan and his team did well last year. 
                                            
I am really liking the SCRABBLE game at Facebook..you know that place where we all hang out now. Seems Facebook took over and blogs kinda went out of style for most people. I do admit I don't blog everyday like I used to, heck if I get three or four times a month it will be good. I know that isn't good but it is just not like it used to be back in SPACES days..Remember something called MYSPACE??  Something happened, I forget what, but now it is a thing of the past. I hope blogs never get that way..mine won't.. it will be around as long as I can type a word and get access to it. I PROMISE..
                                           

SO this was my first post of 2013, I tried to make it more like I used to post at Spaces. It was fun..maybe I will keep it up more in 2013.
  
 HOPE THE NEW YEAR HAS BEEN GOOD TO YOU SO FAR!    
                                              



                                              

7 comments:

Beth said...

I remember Spaces. Seems like 100 years ago though. LOL

It is bitter cold here today and tomorrow is to be even colder so I guess winter is here for a few days anyway.

Take care Sis.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I remember 'spaces' and 'myspace' which I never use any more. I do wish we could decorate our pages on fb. We got a couple of inches of snow last night, and it's been cold.

Unknown said...

Good to hear you are not leaving blogging. I miss the spacers too. FB seemed to draw folks away with instant chatting and games. I love scrabble too but can't find you to have a game with you. I has problems and always changing things like spaces. It's hard to keep up.
Cold snap here too but not like you up there. I have the football game on now and it does seem pretty matched up and riveting.
Keep warm my friend
Toodie

Leave It To Davis said...

Never been on Facebook. I just don't see the need. I don't want to connect with old classmates and I have no long lost relatives, so blogging suits me fine. My kids all have Facebook, but they use it to connect to old classmates. I haven't been in school for 40 years. lol My sons used to have My Space pages, but they got viruses on our computer from them, so that may be what happened with My Space.

Seeking Serenity said...

Hello and howdy :)
This is the first year the English sparrows are still here in Jan.
Sorry, I am terrible at scrabble :(
I for one am thankful for FB because my email inbox doesnt get all the stupid jokes in it anymore because people put them on FB instead !

Joe said...

Winter has been about as mild as I've ever seen it this year...we had a terrible drought and heat that never really was broken after summer so I figure this is sort of a continuation of that. We don't watch sports but have two shows we really enjoy...one is coming to a close after this Wednesday while the other is picking up again after a break...give and take I guess.

Feisty Crone said...

We've had really cold weather here in Seattle, and lots of pea soup fog, but today it's going to be 46 degrees and rain. Thank goodness! I rarely blog; I like staying in contact with friends, colleagues, and college chums. And I love playing Scrabble with you Carol!