Sunday, December 23, 2012

CHRISTMAS 2012

It's time for the annual baking and making of holiday treats. This year instead of baking so much I just made the Rachael Ray fudge and covered a lot of cherries and pretzels. Upon seeing that a box of chocolate covered cherries in our DOLLAR store had went to 2$ a box I thought better of buying it and just decided to make my own. A tip from something I found told me to just add a tiny bit of Oil to some chocolate chips and microwave them until the melted.( Not water or anything else just oil.) This was the simple recipe..and it worked great. I didn't miss a fancy filling..the taste was there and that was enough. 



 Once I got started dipping.. I was having fun..I thought..WHAT ELSE can I cover. I got a bag of small twisted pretzels and covered some of them. Sis reminded me that some stores are selling those pretzels for quite a lot, so I tried butterscotch and white chips too. All came out pretty darn tasty. Nuts,fruit,whatever was available I was covering it..including my fingers!! The best thing about it is..it's simple, fast and you can keep them easy enough and place them in boxes to give away. LOVE IT!! Whatever goodies you are making or eating this Christmas season..hope you have a wonderful time doing them. 
           HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A  SAFE, WARM AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Great ideas Carol and they all sound so good.

Joe said...

Awesome holiday treats!

Beth said...

YUMMMM!! It all looks delicious Sis!

xoxox

Leave It To Davis said...

Sounds good enough to eat! Merry Christmas...hope Santa comes to your house!

Anonymous said...

I just could not let this day go by without stopping by to bring you good cheer & best wishes this holiday season, from me to you. So, I am wishing you a beautiful holiday season and a new year of peace and happiness. Happy Holidays my friend... may the magic and the thrill of the holiday season stretch on and on and on.
--> http://i50.tinypic.com/28s8r5s.jpg

Anonymous said...

I have been neglecting my Blogger lately. Shame on me. None the less, I am returning with great anticipation of catching up with all the latest on you. Just because I have not been around lately, doesn't mean that I have not been wondering how you are doing. I certainly have a lot of catching up to do around here.

Stay well, "...I shall be back..." :)

Anonymous said...

Carol, I don't know how I missed this post, but glad I saw it now. I have got to try that melted chocolate with cherries.