Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SUNNY WINTER DAY

December will be with us sooner than we know.  The sun was bright today with clouds trailing across the  blue sky, like smoke from winter chimneys. 
The view from my second floor window was broken only by the mighty  branches of an old walnut tree. Search as I might, I tried to find the woolly worm on my walk today
for signs of winter to come. All I could manage though, was a cotton tail rabbit running into the field .The silence of the day was broken by my footsteps and sounds of a nearby expressway. I looked to the skies and saw signs of the day coming to an end. The sun was beginning to set behind the neighbors barn. Time for walking done today, to search again tomorrow.



7 comments:

Seeking Serenity said...

Beautiful sunshine!
I am sure the woolies have gone to sleep :)

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Nice pictures. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any wooly worms this year. So not looking forward to winter.

Big Dave T said...

That's a chilly photo. It is supposed to warm up for the weekend and I'm hoping it does since I still need to cut the grass once more at least in the back yard, or risk jungle critters hanging out there this winter.

Joe said...

I love the pictures you have like that. I took some similar ones myself...there's just something about it. Blessings to you my friend.

Leave It To Davis said...

Your post sounds like poetry. I love your writing!!! Your pictures are pretty, too, but with words like that, you didn't even need pictures. We all can pick up a camera, but there are but a talented few who can show us the world with a few chosen words.

Feisty Crone said...

Wonderful post and pictures! And happy December.

Sherry said...

I think the end of the day just as the sun is going down is the prettiest time of the day to take a walk. The pictures put me in the mood to walk too. I haven't seen a wooly for a long time.