Tuesday, July 3, 2012

JULY 4th, 2012

I try to remember July 4th celebrations in the past. There are things we usually do, places we go but this year it is just too darn hot. We have warnings out here for excessive heat until SATURDAY..some three days later. Will be sticking close to home. Ventured out yesterday to the store for some supplies. The place was really busy and I noticed the ice display and ice cream cooler really looking pretty empty. We all are looking for some relief. I wanted to make something for a special treat and ran across this photo at Pinterest. It looks so nice and tasty too. 
It is a sugar cookie dough baked into a round with cool whip and fruit. I know mine won't look exactly like it but similar. Great idea and very tasty. 
Watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew will be there too. 
STAY COOL AND HAVE A SAFE 4TH OF JULY!!




6 comments:

momto8blog said...

the cookie desert looks fabulous!!! i make something like that with pound cake...I think your is better...thanks!!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy 4th!!

Beth said...

Lookin' good Sis. I will be there for a piece of the cookie dessert.

Stay cool!

xoxo

Joe said...

This does seem different than the ones in the past. The heat has really effected things. I heard that we have more individual fires in this state than any other...don't know if it's true but I can believe it. Those treats look cool and nice, I'm with you in sticking close to home and doing what we can to make it a nice day. Bless you, have a wonderful Fourth!

Katie Isabella said...

Sis, I sure have been sticking close to home too. HOT..blazing hot.

xox

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! MY taste buds are kicking into high gear! Both of these cool desserts look VERY yummy and refreshing! Yup, taste buds have reached their high! Nothing makes the heat of summer seem not-so-bad as when we can enjoy such delicious treats. Watermelon ... something about it just says 'Summer!!' Here's hoping that you had a great celebration!

Maria Sself said...

Can we get the fourth back??? I wanna make that berry flag;-))) Can't believe I didn't come up with this idea myself;-)))))