Wednesday, June 20, 2012

TROUBLES...

If it weren't for trouble, then I would have a pretty boring life right now. The poison ivy, or whatever it was is healing now, but realllly slow . I found the calamine lotion really worked the best. Hope to get rid of that plant that was a big bother very soon. Thanks to some research and comments I will try a gallon of VINEGAR on it and see if that will kill it. Round up didn't seem to phase it much. The temps in the past day have been near 95 so maybe the heat and  the vinegar might do the job.


My wonderful laptop "Miracle" CRASHED last night around 9 PM..There is only one survivor.. ME. I will survive. It's only a machine..yeah
we all know how it feels though. REGRETS we have a few.. Like why the heck we didn't back up our photos better or why we didn't make paper copies of things or at 
least make a folder on our e mail for things so we could get to them? I backed up some but this last year or so not so much. Seems it is always something.
What she was will never be again.


Has anyone any experience with "CLOUDS" or folders that are provided within
Google e mail or other e mails? I sure wish I had MORE placed in there than what I
do. I use Google documents a lot and I am sure glad. Now I have NO access to  a whole lot right now. Appreciate your patience and comments on what you know..every little bit helps a person out. 




The above photo I saw on Pinterest..I GASPED at the idea of two pies inside two layers of cake iced with cream cheese frosting.. ahhhh can you say..heart attack waiting to happen??  It's called a "PIECAKEN"...well I know I sure won't be eating one anytime soon. 
HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL WEEK!!

6 comments:

Joe said...

I have had laptops give out much more often then desktops. I guess mobility comes at a cost however that said my i-touch has been very faithful. I keep about a years worth of pictures on my webshots account and if they don't appeal to me I erase them after a year and move on. It's been much cooler here then there it sounds like. I don't know what to make of that desert...maybe there can be too much of a good thing!

Beth said...

I am so sorry that Miracle crashed Sis. I hope it is fixable.

xoxo

Terry's Tete-a-tete said...

Well darn, sorry "Miracle" gave out. I know I don't back up like I should. Have been putting pictures on flash drives but not often enough. Really should get an external hard drive.

I saw that piecaken and thought the same.

DavidShag said...

I kept having computers die young so finally I switched to Apple (about time - my bro-in-law was a VP there) there is a slight learning curve if you are a PC person, but I have rounded it. I read the statistic that with a PC - ANY brand - the average problems start at 3 years, while with Apple it is 11 years - makes up for the extra initial cost. I have not tried the Cloud, but my guess is that it is a good choice for back-up. Unless there is a nuclear war or something - in which case, your photos probably won't be your first concern.

There is a spray product specifically for poison ivy and other wood vine-y plants - I used it some years ago and it worked great - it's at any home improvement store with a garden section. It seems like a bad year (or I should say good year) for poison ivy - it is everywhere here...

But at least it is summer!

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping that you are feeling better now and not so uncomfortable. What ended up working for you? I had poison ivy many years ago. Mother recommended oatmeal bath. Likewise you could also add Epsom salts or baking soda to your bath water. Computers/laptops are like the Old Testament God--lots of rules and no mercy!!
Chin up, hope you are having much better days and by the way. I.WANT.THAT.PIECAKEN!! Yum Yum.... ::can you hear my tummy from here?::

Maria Sself said...

I'm so sorry to hear that happened. I'm so old-fashioned - I use regular flash drive to back up my computer monthly .... I know I'm totally not prepared for the worst:-(