Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHANGES

There are a lot of changes going on right now, both for me and for the blogs and at Facebook. Some I would rather do without since change is not my favorite thing.
Starting a new year I decided I was done trying to manuever the blog theme and jump in with everyone else on some custom backgrounds. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. So I changed and I like it so far. Blogger is so much easier than Wordpress to change. I think those in power should really think about making things better for us bloggers.. since it seems that a whole of people have jumped over to Facebook and maybe the art of blogging is dwindling now. Facebook has new changes too, some like it a lot, others not so much. I managed to re arrange things on my page to suit me. I still have a long way to go to be at ease with it though. I  remember awhile back when Windows Live Spaces thought it was nice to keep constantly upgrading and changing things and that led to  their total disruption. People can only take so much and then they are DONE.


Other changes are that I am on the move again soon. I mentioned before that I had moved farther north in Michigan looking for work.  Applying everywhere I could and waiting. Looking and asking and searching. Hours and hours and days and days and nothing so far. How could this be? How can it be? I really have no answers. It's exhausting and very frustrating. So... now I am going back south again. Yes, packing up again, only this time taking very little, donating and getting rid of as much as I can.
It's a roller coaster that is for sure. I will be leaving the north soon and headed to the unknown again. I will miss this place and these wonderful times and views but have them close at hand to look at and remember.

 If posts here become very scarce you will know I am busy trying to get things settled and move on. The library will once again be my connection to the outside world. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to have that wonderful place to help me get by. Support your public and district libraries if you can, they really are important.
2012 just has to be better..it just has to be.

9 comments:

Beth said...

Where are you going Sis?? I am worried about you! Will you be staying with your sister?

Your background is very pretty.

Ramblingon said...

I worry too! I can't call as it would use your minutes. Let me and Beth know by email or this way of you can.

By the way, I would LOVE to give you that TV. It is a decent one. The only trouble is it will cut off on three you when you first turn it on..sometimes 3 times but then, it's good to go.

xoxox

Gerry Adams said...

Hi Carol, Good luck with your job search. I know that it is no fun. As far as WordPress and Blogger go, I gave up on WordPress, as Blogger gives us much more freedom to do what we want on our blogs and is more user friendly. plus the same log in works for Gmail and all other Google services too. I hope you have a nice week!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the job hunt Carol. What kind of work are you looking for? I don't change templates any more, I just stick to 'minima' and change my bckgrounds and headers. So much easier. Hope things go well foar you.

Seeking Serenity said...

oh dear, oh man!
so sorry to hear this...
well, time to unload again- we do it multiple times in our lives if we are lucky. (((HUG)))

Big Dave T said...

I'd be tempted to head WAY south to get out of this cold weather. Good luck with the job hunt. They keep claiming the economy is getting better.

I need to do some maintenance on my Blogspot blog. For one, remove links to all the blogs that are no longer active. And I think that's most of them.

Joe said...

You're a strong person to deal so well with the shifts in housing and the search for a job...I know that many are in this position these days. I haven't really done much but mess with the backgrounds that are already available. I don't like messing with scripts and such but your looks very nice indeed! I've said the same about blogging but many really didn't like to hear that though the writing was on the wall if not on the blogs! Grace to you in all that you need to do my friend.

Cindy said...

Is there any chance you could get some training and get an CNA or some other type of certificate so you can get a job in the health industry? Seems like they always need more help. Only an idea. Sure hope things work out for you back home. At least you know what to expect.

As for blogger vs wordpress...no comparison! Blogger is so user friendly...you can change backgrounds, move the modules around and add all kinds of cool gadgets! Way fun!

Good luck and keep us posted as to how things go for you.

Unknown said...

We're hoping for a better year ahead as well.

Thanks to my years in the service I developed deep hatred of moving and hope this last one will truly be our last.

Hoping I have a pretty good handle on WordPress and Blogger as I use both and the new Face book set up is becoming a lot like the old Live home page once was although my online time is dwindling with two lively dogs to keep up with as well as guitar lessons, my photography, etc.