Thursday, October 28, 2010

WHAT'S GOING ON?? OPRAH???

Oprah.. that's NOT NEW.. but her last season on public television is. She is determined to have so much entertainment and so many new things to send off her last year. 
Reviewing people she met and topics that she covered over the years is proving to be interesting to the viewer. Today her show was dedicated to the movie Sound of Music. All cast members were present and hearing their stories and memories of making the movie was enjoyable.
Tomorrow she and her best friend Gayle will be making a road trip to Yosemite to go camping. If you saw any of her road trip across the USA you will really like this series of shows. I cannot wait as it was really eye-opening the last time. Oprah had no idea how to put gas in a car or what the inside of a motel or convenience store looked like. Checking into a room in any town along the way HAD to have the right linens and pillows, and when they didn't she stopped into a store and bought all brand new for her next nights stay. So you can bet the equipment she will get will probably be the BEST there is to buy. Not all people can afford this kind of camping. Too bad she didn't use things that others could afford to use as an example. Regardless of her accommodations, I will be watching Gayle and Oprah inside a tent , treading water in a river and fishing, putting up a tent and making a fire. It has me chuckling thinking about it.
                                                (photo by google images)
WHAT started this whole thing in the first place?? WHY camping?
It was to bring to attention of all black families that they need to check out our national parks and go camping. Someone, not sure who, told her that not enough black families went camping in this country. Wonder if this will influence anyone in the future? If they see what fun she has, it might work. I do NOT have the extra cable channels, and  will miss seeing Oprah in the future. I guess I will just have to catch up with things over the web site. It won't be the same as sitting and watching with Mom and Sis and discussing the whole program as it is going on. I will miss those moments. I am looking forward to the whole month of November as it will reveal a lot of Oprah's favorite things and interesting interviews and topics. I think in 25 years she truly has changed the way America and the world thinks about things. She talks about an AH HAH moment on some of her shows. A moment in your life where the light bulb went off and you it just changed your way of thinking or living. I heard Oprah talk about how she journaled every day and I had done the same thing in my life. Oprah changed the way I did my journaling. To try and find the positive thoughts in every day and not dwell on the negative. I decided to try that out. Sometimes I back slide but mostly I try to stick with it.

THANKS OPRAH.. for the Americans who can't type or use a computer or have access to your website.. we appreciate what you have done for us all.

  

10 comments:

Seeking Serenity said...

I hope I remember to go to my mothers to watch!!

Unknown said...

For once I have nothing to say. Scary, ain't it?

Sherry said...

I'm going to miss her too. I wonder what they will put on that hour in place of her. We use to do a lot of camping and now that you mention it I don't remember seeing a lot of blacks at any of the campgrounds we went too. We camped in Yellowstone and I remember just one black couple there. Anyway, she's a wonderful generous person who does a lot of good and I admire her greatly.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that road trip should be hilarious!! I hope you can find Oprah updates on the internet... I'm sure they will be there.

I have been following your journals for years and always enjoyed them and the way you write. Very special!!

Take care my friend and enjoy your calmer weather.

Bob

CAROLDEE said...

@Chip.. you are so right it IS kinda scary..in a way.. course the whole LARGE crew they take with them in the WOODS well it will never be the same there.. heheheh

Beth said...

I am not an Oprah fan so I won't miss her when she is gone. ;=)

Feisty Crone said...

I've not watched Oprah in many years, not on a regular basis., but her interview with J.K. Rowling was great. This looks hilarious, and I will have to check it out!

Sue Lehman said...

I did happen to catch the last part of yesterday's "Sound of Music" show and loved it. I haven't been a constant watcher, but I do usually like the shows she does and will probably not be able to see her next year as well. I WILL miss her and I think she will regret giving up her regular stint for this new network. She's always wanted to help the little guy, but now she's going BIG and leaving the little guy alone. Hmmm. We'll see...

CAROLDEE said...

@Gran.. I saw that interview too and loved it. She seems to be doing a lot of those one on one things and they are great. The season will be over much to fast for me..

Feisty Crone said...

I watched part of the sound of Music segment last night--it was great!