Friday, September 3, 2010

LABOR DAY THOUGHTS

Labor day instills all kinds of thoughts in us. Workers who labor and those we salute proudly. I almost always found myself working over labor day weekend. Rarely did I get a three day off unless it was a scheduled vacation. It was a good thing for me to be working because of the notorious "VIBES" I would get over this one particular weekend every single year. It seemed that something bad or serious or terrible or just plain tragic always happened then. I would alert everyone close to me to be cautious if the vibes were strong enough. One year we had a tornado come near us in my town. One year Princess Diana died, One year Steve Irwin died, One year my mother fell down a flight of stairs and broke her leg. One year there was a car accident involving one of my best friends who died.One year, right after labor day, we all experienced 9-11. It goes on and on, so I just can't help feeling a little bit freaked out about this holiday time of the year. NOW..I do everything I can to think of the positive things and keep my mind off the negative ones. I will get a phone call and they will ask "ARE YOU VIBING?"

and I will say.."NO not yet!" and hope that everything stays that way.


4 comments:

Admiral Hestorb said...

I feel that way about the entire month of March! Not kidding. Seems like so many die then. I mean it.

Ramblingon said...

what'cha gonna be baking? If it's brownies can they be the moist ones? If so, I'll be right there.

Big Dave T said...

We've noticed that when we go up north to my folks' cabin, something infamous happens in the news. Last year Michael Jackson died. Princess Dianna died also when we were north. Also, the infamous OJ slow speed chase around Burbank.

Beth said...

Sis, I am so sorry that I have missed all of these posts. They have not been showing up on my dashboard.