Wednesday, June 23, 2010

VICKS OR NO VICKS


Should I or shouldn't I? Smear it on and see

what happens. Mom was always attached to

her Vicks VapoRub. She thought it would cure

just about anything. She would put it on our chests

and then cover us up with blankets. One time I was

so sick with a chest cold she made me swallow some

of it! ACkkkk The jar states CLEARLY Do not consume

internally! Well maybe back 45 years ago it didn't

say it that clear. Who knows.. I was small and I only

knew that lovely rub made it easier for me to breathe.

We wore a scarf around our neck with it on it, we put it

in a vaporizer and the aroma filled the whole house.


So yesterday I smeared it on my feet. Specifically the

bottoms near the ball of my foot. I placed some nice

warm socks on and went to bed. Miracle of miracles..

it worked. I could breathe easy and actually slept

for the first night in several days. This simple solution

kept me from having to smell it all night long as a

bonus. IT WORKS! So if you ever wonder.. Vicks or

No Vicks GO with the Vicks!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I do hope you get better. Vicks is a staple in my home. I am glad you got some good sleep.

Ramblingon said...

Go figure! The soles of your feet? By the way, it also DOES work on fungus of the toenail. My big toe had some..not a lot and it's gone.

Fizz said...

Do it. You're going to feel better. I'll create a home made inhaler by putting a glob in a Dixie cup that has holes poked in the bottom. Then I'll place a tissue over the blob and zap it in the Microwave for about 10 seconds... then I'll use it as tho it were an inhaler... Works good for me. Give it a go!

Cindy said...

Sure hope something makes you feel better.

Can you add something here so I can follow you and know when you update this? Please?

Beth said...

I can remember as a child eating Vicks when I was sick with a cold and having it smeared on my chest and under my nose. Did the trick though.

Gerry Adams said...

My mom used to rub that stuff all over my chest and neck and then pin a rag around it when I was sick as a kid. I think it did help me breathe better.